- Competitors must wear the kilt and Highland hose at all times while on the athletic field. Exceptions to this rule must have the prior approval of the Athletic Director (AD) and/or the Head Judge.
- All events will be governed by the Scottish American Athletic Association (SAAA) rules. The SAAA and the sponsor(s) of the Highland Game reserve the right to test any competitor for the use of steroids and other performance altering substances and in any manner, time, and place convenient to the SAAA or Highland Game sponsor(s).
- Pre-registered athletes will not receive a competitor’s ticket in advance of the Game’s date. Names of pre-registered competitors will be posted on a roster at the entry gate unless other special arrangements have been made with the Athletic Director.
- Late entries and field entries, if accepted, are subject to a $5 late charge.
- Decisions of the Judges and Athletic Director are final.
- The sponsor(s) of the Highland Game and the SAAA reserve the right to change, combine, or eliminate scheduled events.
- I release my rights to any photographs or facsimiles taken of me during my participation in the Heavy Events Competition at these games and grant the SAAA and the organizers of the Game the right to use, reproduce, and publish the photographs or facsimiles at their discretion.
- The competition is expected to include the traditional eight heavy events of Scottish Highland athletics; however, the scheduling of final competition events is at the discretion of the Athletic Director and Judges.
- Medals and/or awards will be provided as can best be accommodated, the final decision of what to award being the SAAA’s or the Highland Game sponsor(s).
- HAVE FUN!
- Finally, WATCH FOR FLYING OBJECTS WHILE ON THE FIELD! When competing, athletes must be aware that objects will be thrown into the air, often from multiple directions, and must be active in their efforts to avoid being hit by any implement.
By checking the check box on the entry form, I acknowledge that I have read the rules and regulations as set forth on this Entry Form and hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators waive and release all rights and claims for damages I may be entitled to against the sponsors of the Highland Games, the Scottish American Athletic Association (SAAA) and their representatives, agents, successors and assignees, for any and all injuries suffered by me through participation in these events. Additionally, I agree to be bound by the OFFICIAL RULES GOVERNING THE SCOTTISH HIGHLAND GAMES IN NORTH AMERICA AS APPROVED BY THE SAAA.